Sunday, July 19, 2009

Your input urgently needed

As you probably are aware, the IDSA 2006 lyme treatment guidelines have been discredited, and the IDSA has been forced to revise. There is a one-day hearing July 30, to allow interested parties to provide input. The hearing will be broadcast live on the internet.

Lorraine Johnson,JD, MBA is the executive director of CALDA (California Lyme Disease Association), and is an attorney patient advocate. Her blog is Lyme Policy Wonk. She has made available a short survey as a way to collect as much anonymous patient information as possible to incorporate into statistics for her speech on July 30.

If you are a lyme sufferer, or were and are cured, or are the parent of a sick child, please fill out this survey as soon as possible. It only takes a few minutes, and no personal information is collected.

Thank you.

On a related note my LLMD, Steven Phillips, MD, will be presenting, and that's a very good thing for all of us. He's a powerful, evidence-based presenter.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Joe Thanks for posting I did fill in survey some months ago not sure if UK was appropriate but did anyway. However I was wondering about a link into IDSA review. Glad to see it will be available after the event as I stupidly arranged to visit my Dad over that period so will not be able to watch until I return. Husband will be chief gardener whilst I am away with daughter popping in to give guidance now and then.

Naomi said...

I just filled it out too & put a link on my blog. Thanks for keeping up on all this stuff, Joe!

Naomi said...

Hi Joe! Haven't heard from you in a while and looked back here. This, your last post, was three months ago! Wondering how you're doing & hoping you've just been busy with other writing.

Naomi